24 July 2016

Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies


It's always nice to have something sweet for the weekend and this weekend calls for chocolate chunk cookies. There's no rhyme of reason to it, just that.. well I wanted them. So I made them and there you go. Well that's not entirely true...

Cookies travel nicely so they are perfect to pack in my carry on when I go visit my favourite littley nieces in England today! I am so excited to see them, my sister and I have organised it and they have no idea I am coming! I am going to just appear.. and appear with cookies. Hello?? Best plan ever!

Who's winning the "Most Amazing Aunt in the World" award... AAhhhh.. that would be ME!!!


These cookies are incredibly versatile. You can make them as strong or as mellow as you like. I am a fan of the strong chocolate flavour and will usually opt for the darkest chocolate but knowing I was bringing these with me.. I have toned it down.

Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- makes about 30 cookies ( you can half this recipe)

110g soft, salted butter
90g vegetable fat or shortening at room temperature
200g white caster sugar
200g soft brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
420g self raising flour
40g good coco powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
175g + of chocolate chunks... I used two bars of dark chocolate, a 56% and 72%.

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F or Gas mark 4. Line your cookie sheets with some parchment.

Beat the sugars, butter and fat together until it looks like breadcrumbs.
Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
Dry whisk the flour, coco powder, baking powder and bicarb of soda together and then add to the wet mix. Mix until just together.
Add the chocolate chunks and mix until combined This mix is not sticky, but more of a playdoh consistency.. add a tablespoon of flour to the mix, one at a time, if yours is still a bit sticky. Stop once you get to playdoh!

Using a tablespoon, scoop out the dough and roll them into golf ball sized balls.  I measure mine to be roughly 40g balls. I fit  6 cookies on my sheets, juts space yours about 5cm apart as they spread...

Cook for 10-12 minutes, depending on how crisp you want them to be and leave them on the sheet to cool for at least 15-20 minutes when they come out.




I need to start making things other than cookies and cakes and no bake cheesecakes also.. I am tired of this temperamental weather messing up meringues and macaron and the humidity playing havoc with buttercreams. Either be summer or be winter... you can't be both. You feeling me?

Least I have the cookies to keep things going!! Enjoy the upcoming week folks, will chat when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Procrastibake | Theme by Neat Design Corner |